Award BIOS Editor is a software tool that allows you to edit the BIOS settings of your computer’s motherboard. It was developed by Award Software, a company that specializes in creating BIOS firmware for computers. In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at what Award BIOS Editor is, how to download it, and how to use it to edit your BIOS settings.
What is Award BIOS Editor?
The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is a set of firmware instructions that controls the boot process of your computer. It is responsible for initializing the hardware components of your computer and launching the operating system. The BIOS is typically stored on a ROM chip on the motherboard of your computer.
Award BIOS Editor is a software tool that allows you to edit the settings of the BIOS on your computer’s motherboard. With this tool, you can modify the boot order, enable or disable certain hardware components, and change other settings that are not accessible through the standard BIOS interface.
How to Download Award BIOS Editor
Downloading Award BIOS Editor is relatively simple, but it’s important to download the software from a reputable source to avoid downloading malware or other malicious software. Here’s a step-by-step guide to downloading Award BIOS Editor:
- Go to a reputable download site that offers Award BIOS Editor. One such site is Bittention.com.
- Find the download link for Award BIOS Editor and click on it to start the download.
- Once the download is complete, extract the files from the downloaded archive.
- Open the extracted folder and run the setup program.
- Follow the instructions in the setup program to install Award BIOS Editor on your computer.
How to Use Award BIOS Editor
Using Award BIOS Editor can be a bit tricky, and it’s important to have a basic understanding of the BIOS settings before you start making changes. Here’s a step-by-step guide to using Award BIOS Editor:
- Open Award BIOS Editor on your computer.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “Open” to load the BIOS file that you want to edit.
- Once the BIOS file is loaded, you can start making changes to the settings. Be careful when making changes, as incorrect settings can cause your computer to fail to boot or even damage hardware components.
- When you have finished making changes to the BIOS settings, click on the “File” menu and select “Save” to save the modified BIOS file.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes to the BIOS settings.
Tips for Using Award BIOS Editor
Using Award BIOS Editor can be a bit daunting, especially if you’re not familiar with the BIOS settings on your computer. Here are some tips to keep in mind when using this software:
- Back up your BIOS: Before you start making changes to the BIOS settings, it’s a good idea to back up your existing BIOS. This will allow you to easily revert back to your original settings if you run into problems.
- Make changes in small increments: When making changes to the BIOS settings, it’s important to make changes in small increments. This will allow you to test the stability of your computer after each change and avoid making changes that are too extreme.
- Be careful when disabling hardware components: Disabling hardware components in the BIOS can cause your computer to fail to boot or experience other issues. Only disable hardware components if you know what you’re doing and have a specific reason for doing so.
- Use the “Undo” feature: Award BIOS Editor includes an “Undo” feature that allows you to easily undo changes that you have made to the BIOS settings. If you’re unsure about a change that you have made, use the “Undo” feature to revert back to the previous setting.
- Do your research: